Critical Flat Closure Advocacy
The NPOAS Board will be attending the American Society of Breast Surgeons annual conference again this year, in Boston, MA, with an exhibitor’s booth to advocate for aesthetic flat closure. We will be engaging providers one on one, providing brochures for surgeons to take back home and use in their practices, learning about and supporting coding and oncoplastic training, and engaging with researchers. Read the 2022 Conference recap here!
We thank you in advance for your contribution to this critical endeavor that we are undertaking on behalf of all women!
About The ASBrS Conference
The American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS) is a professional medical society of general surgeons specializing in the treatment of breast disease. Their annual meeting is held every Spring, and brings members together to network, learn about the latest research in the field, and to participate in hands-on trainings.
Why We Are Attending
The conference provides unique advocacy opportunities.
Not Putting on a Shirt collaborates with diverse stakeholders to effect durable institutional change, and chief among these are breast surgeons. By meeting these medical professionals where they’re at, we are able to leverage unique advocacy opportunities to:
- Engage providers in one-on-one discussion about aesthetic flat closure
- Give interested providers brochures to take back and use in their practice
- Network with other stakeholders – including the NAPBC – to promote our mission
- Learn about the latest research in oncoplastic breast surgery
- Offer a flat closure patient’s perspective during debates
- Engage with researchers to promote further studies to support an improved, evidence-based standard of care for aesthetic flat closure